Example Booking Terms and Conditions
Please note that separate terms and conditions apply to each of our venues, reflecting their different characters. This example summary is for guidance only and does not constitute a definitive statement or contract. Specific terms and conditions are provided at the time of booking.
- The venues will be available to you from 9.00 am on the day of your wedding and we respectfully request that they are vacated by 12.30am.
- Venue hire charges are seasonal and are included on this website.
- A non-refundable deposit is required to secure the booking with the outstanding balance due for payment two weeks prior to the event.
- In the event of cancellation, notification must be given in writing by the hirer and confirmed in writing by the venue. However, in the event of a late cancellation, i.e. during the period up to 12 weeks prior to the booking, we reserve the right to recover 60% of the hire charge.
- VAT is not applicable for the hire of our venues and there are no extra service charges for venue hire.
- The Hirer is responsible for hiring a caterer of own choice and caterer is responsible for all crockery, cutlery, glasses and table linen. All caterers must supply their own form of refrigeration. Please note that we will not be responsible for any arrangements made between you and the caterer. Although we will be pleased to provide details of frequently used caterers, arrangements will at all times remain between you and the caterer and we will have no involvement in this respect.
- Please note that for legal reasons, we are not able to supply alcohol prior to a civil ceremony.
- The Hirer is permitted to provide their own wine and champagne for the wedding breakfast for which there will be no corkage charge.
- Our venues are fully licensed and we will provide a staffed bar during the evening until 12 midnight. This is included within the hire charge.
- After the speeches and toasts all drinks must be purchased from the bar. No wine, champagne or other drinks may be supplied by the hirer for the evening party. NB: to comply with the licensing laws, the sale of alcohol by the hirer is strictly prohibited.
- Tables and chairs will be provided as required. The Reid Rooms Dining Room can seat up to 120 guests (150 if incorporating the Drawing Room): 200 guests can be accommodated for the evening party. The Room in Rodings can accommodate up to 120 guests seated, and up to 200 for the evening party.
- We request that only bio-degradable confetti is used, and in designated areas.
- Our venues are non-smoking.
- Fireworks are not permitted at either of our venues.